Saturday 22 June 2013

finally

I finally have the five minutes it takes to let you guys know that I am indeed going to be attending my first international race as part of the senior squad. It is very exciting to be a part of this!! We found out 8 days ago and leave tomorrow. We start with a prepratory race in Amsterdam, followed by a training camp in Italy, and finally World Cup 3 in Lucerne (Switzerland). I will look up some more info and possibly post some links when I have some downtime in Amsterdam.
Life has been crazy busy this past week, and downtime between practices was mostly spent running errands and attending extra meetings to prepare us for heading overseas. Technically I don't have the time to write this as I have yet to start packing, just started a load of laundry, and still have 60min of C6 x-training to finish off before I can successfully log my 18h of C6/C5 hours for the week and board my flight to Amsterdam.
Other news, we got our results from our second round of lactate testing, and I managed to improve my 2mmol, 4mmol, and 6mmol by 10-20 watts. My power-per-stroke also increased, and the exciting part is that (on paper) this is the fittest I have ever been. Perhaps when I have more time I will explain what all this mumbo jumbo means. Basically, we do a test on an ergometer where the intensity increases in a stepwise fashion and after every step we get the lactate levels in our blood measured via a finger prick.
This will be a short post, but I also wanted to thank Sue and Dick ( I hope it's ok  that I used your names) for the financial support! It is so heartwarming (and encouraging) to know that there are people out there who are interested in what I am doing, and following this blog or following results etc. To receive financial support on top of that is so powerful. Know that I appreciate it and thank you with all my heart!
On that note, thanks to all those who do support me :) The list is long, and that is all I will say for now.
Back to packing I go..... can I even say that if I haven't started.....

No comments:

Post a Comment