Monday 6 May 2013

Spring trials round two

This past weekend, the entire squad of women training at the national training center, myself included, packed their bags and made the trek to Welland for the "Rowing Canada Spring Trials-East" (Two weeks ago I raced in Burnaby at the "Rowing Canada Spring Trials- West"). Racing began six short and eventful days after my arrival at the LTC in London. Three words: I am pooped. Racing was very competitive and exciting! I did not place exceptionally well (8 out of 21), and am ranked 8th out of the 10 scullers here at the LTC. It is going to take a whole lot more than one weekend of unmet personal expectations to demotivate me. Time to make my way up the ranks!

I successfully completed my first day of weight training with no pain in the rib area and am very excited! I know that I will gain a lot of speed from some proper strength and conditioning work.

Time to go work on that on-line statistics course before heading to bed.

ps. Huge thanks to my family for supporting me the last four months. It's been a rough ride (school, training, injuries, moving), and I am very thankful for the love and support!!

No comments:

Post a Comment