Tuesday 10 July 2012

July 10

My apologies for the lack of updates! The internet connection is more often off than it is on. Tomorrow we race our heat around 4pm. We should get the lane draws later today, and I will try to update you given that I can connect to the internet. I am finally starting to feel the taper, which involves a bit of a short temper on my part. It is interesting how taper and racing affects different athletes. Some get very internal, others grumpy, and finally you have the ones that get giggly and start bouncing off the walls. This is why it is important to surround yourself with people who are affected in a similar way, or even avoid people if this is what you feel you have to do to reach your ideal mental state. I know that if I am surrounded by really silly, hyper, energized people it will not affect me positively so I simply avoid spending too much time with them prior to racing. Everyone is affected differently, and I guess the point I am trying to make is that it is important to make choices that will have a positive effect on your energy levels and mental state prior to racing. This way you can be confident in your ability to go out on race day and commit to every single stroke.

No comments:

Post a Comment